7490 fritz box
FRITZ BOX 7490 Router Open Port Guide
The FRITZ BOX 7490 router has a firewall. This firewall protects your home network by blocking incoming and outgoing connections that are not authorized. Some online games or programs require additional connections to be opened so they can run smoothly. The process of opening additional ports is called a port forward.
In this guide I will walk you step-by-step through the port forwarding process on the FRITZ BOX 7490 router. I will show you how to:
- setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- login to the FRITZ BOX 7490 router web interface.
- find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
Get Started Now!
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Write this Static IP address down, you need it later.
In order to login to the FRITZ BOX 7490 router interface you need to open a web browser. It typically doesn't matter what browser you decide to use, I recommend picking the one you are most comfortable with such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox.
Once you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. If you don't know what this is, it is located at the top of the page like this:
In the image above, I have circled the address bar for you. All you need to do is input the router's IP address here.
(The router's IP address is also called the computer's default gateway.)
By default the FRITZ BOX 7490 router has an IP address of: 192.168.2.1
After you have entered the router's IP address into the address bar, click the Enter key. If everything goes as it should, you see a login screen similar to the one below:
Go ahead and enter the Username and password, but if you do not get the login screen something went wrong. Most likely the IP address is not correct. To find out what your IP address is, follow the directions on the How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
- The Default FRITZ BOX 7490 Router Username is: admin
- The Default FRITZ BOX 7490 Router Password is: password
Click the blue Log In button to access the router interface.
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different FRITZ BOX default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default FRITZ BOX Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you still are stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
It is now time to find the port forwarding section of your router. To help you with this step, we begin on the Overview page:
On this page, select the option in the left sidebar labeled Internet.
Then select the link titled Permit Access
You should now see a page like the one above.
Select the option in the center of the page labeled Add Device for Sharing.
On this screen you need to select the device from the drop down list that you are forwarding the ports to. This is the device that you gave the static IP address to in Step 1. If the device is not in the list, choose the option of Enter the IP address manually from the drop down list and enter the static IP address manually.
Now, select the button labeled New Sharing in the center section of the page.
You should now see a page like the one above. We can now go to step 4.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Select the Port Sharing radio button.
Pick Other Application from the Application dropdown box.
Make up a name to put in the Application box. The name does not have any effect on the functionality of the forward, it's simply there so you can know why it was created.
Select the required protocol for these ports from the Protocol dropdown box.
If you are forwarding a single port then you can enter that port number into the left Port to device and the right Port to device boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the left Port to device box. Then enter the highest number of that range into the right Port to device box.
Verify that you have the Enable Sharing checkbox checked.
When you are finished, click the OK button.
Don't forget to click the OK button at the bottom of the page.
Test Your Ports
Are your the ports you just forwarded really open? An easy way to find out is use our free Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees our port checkers accuracy.
Check out our other guides here. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.
FRITZ!Box 7490 è compatibile su qualsiasi DSL. Dotato di 4 porte ethernet gigabit e funzioni di centralino VoIP, supporta l'ultimo standard Wireless AC capace di raggiungere velocità che arrivano a 1.300 Mbit/s.
Il FRITZ!Box 7490 è una potente piattaforma per le applicazioni in rete come IPTV, Video on Demand o streaming multimediale. La musica, le immagini e i film salvati sono sempre disponibili sulla propria rete e si possono riprodurre sui dispositivi collegati, anche tramite smartphone e FRITZ!App Media.
Dispone di due porte analogiche, di una porta ISDN e una base DECT per collegare sei telefoni cordless. Il centralino integrato è adatto anche per il traffico VoIP. Altre funzioni telefoniche: segreteria, rubriche locali e online.
A completare il dispositivo, 2 porte USB 3.0 per stampanti, memorie di massa e chiavette UMTS da condividere in rete.
Consegna con corriere espresso in due giorni lavorativi
Sei interessato al FRITZ!Box 7490? Registrati ora e ricevi un buono sconto del 10%!
- router DSL con firewall/NAT, server DHCP, client DynDNS, UPnP AV
- connessione VDSL o ADSL con rete fissa analogica o ISDN a scelta
- supporta le connessioni VDSL da 100 Mbit con Vectoring (Full Vectoring)
- uso delle connessioni Internet esistenti via LAN e rete wireless
- funzionalità di router anche con chiavetta 4G/3G (LTE/UMTS/HSPA) o via porta Ethernet per connessione con modem via cavo o fibra ottica
- è supportato IPv6
- firewall Stateful Packet Inspection con abilitazione porte per una navigazione sicura in Internet
- accesso remoto sicuro via Internet con VPN (IPSec)
- reti wireless conformi a 802.11ac (fino a 1.300 Mbit/s lordi; 5 GHz) e 802.11n (fino a 450 Mbit/s lordi; 2,4 GHz)
- Wireless dual AC + N per l'uso in simultanea delle bande di frequenza da 2,4 GHz e 5 GHz (MIMO 3 x 3)
- compatibile con WLAN 802.11g, b ed a (11, 54, 150, 300 Mbit/s)
- sicurezza integrata grazie alla codifica WPA2 attivata
- AVM Stick & Surf: navigazione senza fili automaticamente sicura
- tasto WLAN (attivazione/disattivazione manuale della rete wireless)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- accesso ospite wireless: navigazione sicura per ospiti e amici
- estensione della portata della rete wireless grazie alla funzione di ripetitore
- canale automatico wireless: ricerca automatica di un canale radio della rete wireless privo di interferenze
- rete wireless Eco per prestazioni ottimali con un consumo minimo di corrente
- centralino con base DECT per 6 telefoni cordless
- trasmissione vocale codificata integrata
- bus ISDN-S0 per collegare telefoni ISDN/centralino ISDN
- 2 porte a/b per collegare telefoni analogici, segreteria telefonica e fax
- supporta la telefonia HD offrendo così un timbro naturale
- DECT Eco: le onde radio vengono disabilitate per ottenere la massima ergonomia
- 5 segreterie telefoniche integrate con voice to mail
- funzione fax che include l'inoltro di e-mail (fax to mail)
- deviazione chiamate, chiamate interne, conferenze a tre, trasferimento di chiamata
- blocco di numeri, chiamata di sveglia, baby phone, chiamate VIP e blocco suoneria
- telefonia via Internet conforme allo standard SIP (RFC 3261)
- registrazione di telefoni IP (LAN/rete wireless) secondo standard SIP
- app per telefonia (rete wireless) per Apple iPhone a partire da iOS 4 e Google Android a partire da 2.1
- il media server mette a disposizione della rete domestica musica, immagini e video (SMB, FTP, UPnP AV)
- accesso sicuro al FRITZ!Box da ovunque con MyFRITZ!
- FRITZ!NAS: semplice accesso a tutti i file della rete
- 512 MB di memoria interna
- applicazioni in rete come IPTV, Video on Demand e streaming multimediale grazie al potente processore Dual-Core
- parental control, servizio Push, contatti basati sul cloud e memoria online
- accesso ospite: uso dell’accesso a Internet esistente via LAN o rete wireless
- Wake on LAN via Internet
- supporta i dispositivi DLNA
- per la connessione VDSL o ADSL
- ADSL/ADSL2+ conforme a Annex A, B, J ed M
- analogica o rete fissa ISDN
- 4 porte Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Base-T)
- punto di accesso wireless IEEE 802.11ac, n, g, b, a
- 2 porte USB 3.0 per memoria e stampante
- base DECT per 6 telefoni cordless
- bus ISDN-S0 (RJ45) per telefoni ISDN o centralino ISDN
- 2 porte a/b (RJ11) per telefoni analogici, segreteria telefonica e fax
AVM Fritz!Box 7490 802.11ac VDSL router Review
It is the new flagship DSL router from German networking giant AVM, superseding the Fritz!Box 3390 (which will remain on sale). With the 7490 the big news is the inclusion of 802.11ac for the first time in AVM’s range and it comes with so much integrated telephonic, office and media functionality that there is nothing quite like it. If you need a router that has almost everything (including an integrated modem) you’ve come to the right place.
AVM Fritz!Box 7490 – Design and Features
On the outside little appears to have changed. The 7490 still looks like a prototype Thunderbird with its curved lines, matt red and silver paint job and antenna hiding fins. We find its looks a little polarising (somewhere between kitsch and charmingly retro), but there’s no doubt it has character and while the chassis is a composite of various plastic panels it feels sturdy.
Inside the headline feature is the addition of 802.11ac Wi-Fi and AVM has given it the full fat 1300Mbit treatment while backing it up with 450Mbit 802.11n. This brings the range wireless parity with its premium rivals, but where it really stands is elsewhere.
From a networking perspective it ticks all the boxes: there’s an integrated modem compliant with both VDSL (fibre) and ADSL2 broadband plus IPv6 and VPN support, 4x Gigabit Ethernet and 2x USB 3.0 ports. There’s also WPS and WPA/WPA2 security but curiously no WAN port meaning you’ll need to give up a LAN port for it.
On top of this the 7490 incorporates a telephone system. The unit itself is a DECT base station for up to six cordless analogue, ISDN or IP based telephones. It supports HD telephony for better call quality, has no less than five digital answering machines that email recorded messages (voice-to-mail) and fax reception with email forwarding (fax-to-email).
Trending: MWC 2019 | Samsung Galaxy S10 | Huawei Mate X
Next the 7490 has an integrated media server and ‘Fritz!NAS’ functionality. The latter lets you network folders and group files from connected devices directly through the router enabling the former to stream and prioritise content around the home via DLNA.
Lastly comes a vast array of smart energy monitoring. The 7490 can report and adjust the power consumption of virtually every element of its functionality, toning it down on a schedule or switching down or off ports you don’t use. As such it is not just one of the most well featured routers we’ve seen, it is also the greenest.
AVM Fritz!Box 7490 – Setup
Of course such a vast array of functionality will leave many enthused but also intimidated at the prospect of setting it all up and sadly AVM doesn’t makes things as easy as it should.
Unnecessary complications hit you from the very start with AVM combining the 7490’s wireless on/off button with WPS. The theory is a short press to toggle Wi-Fi and a long press to toggle WPS, but we still found ourselves switching the Wi-Fi off when trying to connect devices. The lack of a dedicated WPS activity light doesn’t help matters.
The good news is once connected the 7490 has a CD-less setup. It opens a browser window at its default IP (192.168.178.1) and asks you to configure your Internet settings and passwords. The problem is it stops there and there remains much to do that you will have to sort out by digging through the menus.
This isn’t helped by an array of odd factory defaults. The most obvious are transmitting the 5GHz and 2.4GHz signals as a single SSID (something only changeable by digging through the easily missed ‘Advanced’ menu options) and setting all LAN ports to low power 10/100 Fast Ethernet rather than 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (again a fiddly setting to change).
It is a similar story with the ‘Fritz!NAS’ which has no setup wizard, making for a lot of trial and error for newbies, and the whole UI – while fairly clear – is somewhat dated and (like the router itself) garish.
We’re big fans of the huge amount of functionality AVM has crammed into the 7490, but it needs to makes things easier to get the most out of it.