Asic miner scrypt
Litecoin / Scrypt ASIC Miner Wolf Review – 1 / 2 GH/s
Litecoin mining remains a hot topic in the mining community. Many of us are interested in the BW-L21 since it is one of the best Litecoin miners so far. The company is manufacturing miners that deliver unbelievable high hashrate. However, apparently 550 MH/s per 950 W power usage is not the limit.
Ehsminer, a France-based company announced that they are working on a miner that will outperform the BW-L21. Is this just a rumor or are we really about to welcome the Litecoin / Scrypt miner of the year? Let’s check this out!
Meet the Wolf
The Wolf is a new Litecoin ASIC that is meant to deliver 1024 MH/s for Scrypt mining while consuming only 1.4 KW. We are talking about a power efficiency of 1.36 KW/MHS. To put things into perspective, its closer competency features 1.72 KW/MHS.
The Wolf can mine any Scrypt-based coins and therefore it is not limited to Litecoin alone, though I am sure most of us will use it for LTC. Here is a full list of Scrypt-based algorithms that are supported by the miner.
Here are the Specs:
- Scrypt Hashrate: 1024 Mh/s (+-5%)
- ATX power supply: PSU is included
- Power consumption: ≈ 1.4 KW
- 14nm FinFET Process Technology
- Network: RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port
- Mining Software: Cgminer rev3.5 with a dedicated WEB interface for easy configuration.
- Host platform: Raspberry pi 2
- Chassis: Standard 4U mountable rack gives you the facility to build, install and scale your mining infrastructure in standard datacenter.
- Chips per unit: 400
- Mining cores: 124 LTC/Scrypt cores per chip total of 50k LTC/Scrypt cores
- Chip clock: 800Mhz
- Communication interface: serial port interface
Pricing and Shipping
The miner prototype already exists. Ehsminer is planning on starting mass production of the ASIC in late 2017-early 2018. They will be confirming the exact date soon and if all goes well, the first units will be shipped in Q1 2018.
The miner is available for preorder. It is priced 2,900.00€ per unit excl. VAT. The company accepts a wide range of payment methods, which are: LTC, BTC, NXT, ETH, ZEC, DGB, ETC, DOGE, LSK and some other cryptocurrencies. They also accept bank transfers.
As for today, the Wolf got a ROI of 3 months. This will indeed change once more people will receive it, but it is still impressive for a modern LTC ASIC. Again, its closer competitor got a ROI of 5 months.
The miner got a 12 months warranty. This is understandable since Ehsminer is based in France and the 1 year warranty is established by EU law.
On the website, there is no mention of MOQ. Does that mean that we can order as many units as we want? If that is really the case, then I am sure that the ASIC will quickly become the top pick both for low-scale miners and mining farms alike.
Before to continue further, please share this 🙂 thanks!
Wolf V2 2GH/s
Ehsminer is also working on a second version of the miner that is expected to feature even higher power efficiency than the Wolf version 1. By outputting 2 GH/s with a power consumption of only 1.2 KW, the Wolf v2 is meant to become the new standard in Litecoin mining.
On their website, Ehsminer writes that “All customers who will purchase the 1GH version will have early access to the 2GH version.” Considering the huge efficiency of the Wolf v2, the ASIC will definitely become a difficulty bomb. By having early access to the miner, we can potentially reap the benefits of the huge hashrate before the bomb drops.
About the Company
It is worth mentioning that Ehsminer is a company registered in the EU. This is rather new for the ASIC industry since traditionally all big ASIC manufacturers are based in China. So apparently, Ehsminer activity is regulated by EU law. This might give us some warranties and protection when purchasing from them. Also, this might positively affect shipping times and costs too.
What about Litecoin price going down past days?
Litecoin price went from almost $90 USD/LTC down to around $45 USD/LTC in a matter of weeks. Right after people started to take Litecoin seriously, its price went back to the lows.
It is understandable that you will not mine a coin you don’t believe in. Litecoin was priced between $1 and $3 for the first four years after its launch, which might make people wonder that “If Litecoin was priced $3 in January of this year, what prevents it from falling back to that mark again?”
To receive the latest updates follow me on social media! 🙂
In theory, anything can happen and no one can be certain on the future of LTC. However common sense suggests that despite its ups and downs, Litecoin average price will be steadily going up over the next months and years.
The reason to that is that Litecoin is technologically one step ahead of Bitcoin. The cryptocurrency got real value for those who understand the tech side of crypto. Earlier in the year, Litecoin dev team has released a quite interesting roadmap and as we can see today, they already have implemented some of the planned features. A coin that got real value has more chances to be priced high in the market than one that is based on hype alone.
Despite the expected ups and downs, Litecoin mining is booming. A couple of great LTC miners are announced to be released in the next months and the Wolf is definitely on the lead. I am keeping a close eye on the upcoming miner and I will keep you up to date on any news.
- Mining Performance
- Power Consumption
Thank you for reading. As always, your comments, suggestions and questions are welcome.
Subscribe and stay tuned for further updates!
BW-L21 Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner с хэшрейтом 550 мегахэш
Недавний рост интереса к лайткоину (LTC) и его цене, по-видимому, вызвало интерес к более современным ASIC майнерам, и теперь, по всей видимости, появился ещё один претендент на это место. Речь идёт о BW-L21 Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner от BW.com, который обещает обеспечить хэшрейт до 550 мегахэш при потреблении мощности 950 Вт. Однако заказать эти этих устройства не так просто, и минимальный объём заказа составляет 100 единиц при цене $2500. Для оформления заказа нужно связаться с BW по электронной почте, хотя 100 единиц минимального заказа вряд ли осилить мелким домашним майнерам. Для мелких майнеров AntMiner L3 + Scrypt ASIC Miner от Bitmain по-прежнему гораздо более привлекательным, т.к. чаще всего они могут позволить себе покупку 1-2 единиц таких изделий из вновь появившихся партий.
Технические характеристики для BW-L2, представленные BW.com:
- Скорость хэша: 550 MHS +/- 10%;
- Потребляемая мощность: 950 Вт +/- 10%; Энергоэффективность: 1,727 Дж / мегахэш;
- Входное постоянное напряжение: 12 В +/- 5%;
- Тип микросхем: ASIC по технологии 28 нм для LTC от BW.com;
- Количество чипов ASIC на единицу изделия (на один майнер), шт.: 144;
- Количество плат на единицу изделия (на майнер): 4;
- Охлаждение: 2 вентилятора 120 мм х 38 мм – скорость 3000 об / мин (спереди и сзади, в двухтактной конфигурации);
- Вес: 4,8 кг;
- Размеры: 329 мм (длина) x 127 мм (ширина) x 159 мм (высота).
Хотите больше новостей? Facebook. Быстрее всех? Telegram и Twitter. Подписывайтесь!
Новости о цифровых валютах, финтех-трендах и финансовых инновациях
CoinSpot.io - крупнейший в рунете ресурс о цифровых валютах, финтех-трендах и финансовых инновациях. Мы рассказываем о технологиях, стартапах и предпринимателях, формирующих облик финансового мира. Венчурные инвестиции, p2p и цифровые технологии, криптовалюты, аналитика и обзоры - все, что нужно знать, чтобы быть в тренде и зарабатывать.
Полное или частичное использование материалов сайта разрешается только с письменного разрешения редакции, при этом ссылка на источник обязательна!
Apollo LTC Pod ASIC Miner for Scrypt Algorithm Cryptocurrencies - Batch 1 In-Stock Units Ships within 2 Business Days
Remaining Batch 1 Inventory now available for order! Orders will be shipped first come first serve. Please see requirements at bottom of page for everything you need to run.
The world's first compact, wifi-enabled*, ultra quiet**, and highest efficiency scrypt ASIC miner available today! Its time to take mining away from power hungry, loud machines only being run in centralized farms back to where it belongs; the home of every individual cryptocurrency user.
The Apollo project is the culmination of years of engineering we have learned with our Moonlander platform, and was designed from the ground up to be a miner anyone can run easily on their desktop at home or office. Apollo has its own integrated ARM based quad core controller, requiring no external computer to run, and can be managed over a simple wifi connection! The power of this integrated platform will allow us to deliver future updates that will extend the functionality of the miner.
The miner is cooled by a custom designed cold-forged aluminum pin heatsink delivering extreme cooling capabilities with very low fan speed. This allows the quietest performance of any ASIC miner currently in production in ECO mode, and is the first time miners can run a powerful unit in their home and still be able to compete with large farm miners.
Thanks to its integrated controller, the FutureBit Apollo is even easier to use than our USB miner. Once connected to your local network via wifi or ethernet, you simply point any desktop or mobile web browser to the miners address, and setup, pool configuration, and miner options are easily configured through an easy to use web interface.
We spared no expense in designing a miner that is different, and the highest quality available in a world of expendable and quickly cycled miners. The large range of operation the Apollo offers will keep it profitable for a very long time, and this platform is built with upgradability in mind. Our future miners will be based on the same size/plateform and all fans/heatsinks/controllers can be reused with a simple board upgrade. We are also super proud to announced that the miner is 100% fabricated, assembled, and shipped from the USA!
- Compact Stand-alone Pod Style Miner (4x6x4in)
- Very wide range of operation modes with preset ECO (quiet) mode and TURBO mode.
- 100-135+ MH/s of Scrypt performance per miner (+/- 5%)
- Industry leading 1W/MH in ECO mode, and 1.4W/MH for TURBO (100-200 watts***)
- Powered by a fully integrated Quad-Core A7 ARM based controller
- First miner to be fully controlled over wifi, only cable needed is power! (this will be a Beta feature on launch..backup ethernet port is available as well).
- Clocks and Voltage is fully customizable by user with easy to use interface (no more pots!)
- Industry leading 97% efficiency 12v power-stage, with 27 ASIC chips powered in a 3x9 parallel/serial power arrangement
- Custom designed cold forged hexagonal pin heatsink with leading thermal performance for the quietest ASIC miner in operation!
- 2k-6k PWM High Static Pressure Dual Ball Bearing Fan with automatic thermal management with onboard temperature sensor
- Controlled via local connection on a web browser similar to antminers. You can simply set it up via smartphone browser. No crazy driver installs, hard to use miner software or scripts needed.
- Two Six Pin PCIE power connectors for wide-range of power draw (only one is needed in ECO mode)
- Custom Designed Acrylic and Aluminum case
- New future platform features including full-node/peer to peer fully decentralize mining, full stand-alone solo mining, cloud/app based controls and more in development.
You will need to your own Micro SD card for the controller. Instructions will be posted on how to burn an SD card with our image, so you will be ready to run before the miner arrives!
- At least a 250 watt 12v power supply with two 6 Pin PCIE connector is required. This is the same connector used by all modern GPUs.
- Router with an Ethernet cable for initial setup
Please join our discussion at bitcointalk here for more info and updates!
*wifi feature is currently in beta, and can not guarantee it will work with every router. An ethernet port is included with the unit as backup.
**Quiet operation is only available in ECO mode, manual speed changes or TURBO mode will significantly increase the fan RPM/Noise
**all power efficiencies posted are the miners 12v power consumption. Due to the wide range of third party 120-240v power supplies that can be used, your efficiency will be slightly less depending on how efficient your PSU is.